October 17 - 19, 2011
The 13 th AFTES International Congress will take place at the CITE INTERNATIONALE in LYON from 17 to 19 October 2011.
Ever keen to improve technical discussions between all those involved in the profession, be they Project Managers, Engineers, Design Firms, Contractors or Suppliers, the AFTES is pleased to invite you to this Congress, which offers a number of new features:
• Two conference rooms allowing two technical topics to be presented simultaneously and enabling a larger number of speakers to take to the stage.
• A very large exhibition area set up around the Agora, a platform for dialogue that will serve to host the opening ceremony and the Roundtable.
• A strong focus will be placed on Underground Space, its design and the actors involved, be they Architects or Developers.
• A technical seminar on the Wednesday afternoon around the theme of “the geotechnical and environmental impact of Underground Works in urban areas”, aimed at Engineers both young and more experienced.
• An open invitation to Local Authorities, for which underground development is becoming a pressing issue.
• A special initiative devoted both to the various professions involved in underground development and to the training of young Engineers and Technicians, with a dedicated area in the exhibition hall.
We have a very warm welcome in store for you and look forward to seeing you in great numbers.